Posted to alt.home.repair
The Post Quartermaster The Post Quartermaster is offline

Default Here's another mystery.

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"The Post Quartermaster"
wrote in message
All of the black pipe coming is reg 3/4 as per the propane company.
The shutoff valves are 3/4 with 5/8 female. I bought all 5/8 flex
pipe to go from the shutoffs to the individual appliances.

Each appliance manufacturer will give a recommended minimum size,
based on consumption. I use propane for cooking. Our old range
specified 3/8" line and that is what we have. When we bought a new
range with higher output burners, the company recommends 1/2". The
service guy from the propane company did the hookup and checked each
burner and with everything full on, it is easily supplied with the
existing 3/8" line.

You may need larger than the 5/8 for a large furnace, but most other
appliances will be just fine with it. Worst case scenario is you
don't get the out put and have to replace a line, but I'd bet
against it.

Thanks. We're going native and not having a furnace nor central air
conditioning. This a a two story house and I'm not going to heat a
cool a bunch of rooms that nobody is going to be in but maybe once a
week. Just a 220 window unit built in upstairs and one down and a
large space heater upstairs and one down all rated at over 1500 square
feet so we'll see how that works out for awhile.