Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Here's another mystery.

"The Post Quartermaster"
wrote in message ...
All of the black pipe coming is reg 3/4 as per the propane company. The
shutoff valves are 3/4 with 5/8 female. I bought all 5/8 flex pipe to go
from the shutoffs to the individual appliances.

Each appliance manufacturer will give a recommended minimum size, based on
consumption. I use propane for cooking. Our old range specified 3/8" line
and that is what we have. When we bought a new range with higher output
burners, the company recommends 1/2". The service guy from the propane
company did the hookup and checked each burner and with everything full on,
it is easily supplied with the existing 3/8" line.

You may need larger than the 5/8 for a large furnace, but most other
appliances will be just fine with it. Worst case scenario is you don't get
the out put and have to replace a line, but I'd bet against it.