Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default Here's another mystery.

"The Post Quartermaster" wrote in message
I was told that one must use different size flexible hose for different
appliances. We're talking propane, and I guess it would be the same for
natural gas. The theory was that a certain appliance, stove for instance,
uses more gas and thus needs a larger hose (connector size mayber????) than
a space heater etc. It seems to me, as I just bought all the same type and
size for everything --- not yet hooked up--- that it would be the
individual orafices in each appliance that would govern, not the dang hose.
Any thoughts?

Something interesting I've noticed... Go look at the wall and plumbing in
the rear of many restaurants, or wherever their natural gas meter is. I've
sometimes seen *very* large pipes coming out of the gas meter - like 2" or
so. I guess that would be for the same reasons?