Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Solar Panels - verifying the numbers

On Jul 6, 11:20*pm, wrote:
NT wrote:
On Jul 5, 1:35 pm, wrote:
NT wrote:

The energy return is really a red herring. Money return is what
counts, its not as if we're short of energy.

Money is merely a cultural artefact, and can be made in any
desired quantity. Clearly, it far surpasses 1kW/m2 on the
earth's disk in its intrinsic value.

The value of money is what counts, ie what it can purchase. Printing
it just gives more units worth less per unit.

Worth less of what, exactly? *Other money?

less ability to buy goods & services.

*The values
we place on physical and non-physical artefacts are culturally
determined, and we exchange these artefacts with yet
another virtual non-physical cultural artefact ("money").

The economy is largely a giant hallucination with no real
physical existence. *After all, we are in some kind of
credit crunch or recession, but it's not because we are
suddenly short of energy or materials or skilled humans
or food supplies or because we're all watching the footy
rather than doing *or making something. We're in a hallucinated
recession because the hallucination tells us we are.

.... And yet money & the recession are no less real

With 1W/m2 I could probably do some useful work. *With 1
I have to pull a con trick on a suitably deluded passerby.

#Paul

NT