Posted to alt.home.repair
The Post Quartermaster The Post Quartermaster is offline

Default Here's another mystery.

On 2010-07-06, The Post Quartermaster
wrote:

So, what if I use the largest hose, 5/8ths, on everything.

There's more to the flexible connectors than just the fittings on
each
end, there's the diameter and length of the flexible connector
itself.

Each flexible connector should have on it a rating in BTU/hr. That
is
the maximum demand appliance that connector is good for. So just
make
sure that exceeds the input rating of your appliance. As long as
that
is true, the size and details of the fittings on each end don't
really
matter.

Cheers, Wayne

Thanks. That was my feelings exactly. Now I guess I'm hoping we're
both right. G