Posted to alt.home.repair
The Post Quartermaster The Post Quartermaster is offline

Default Here's another mystery.

All of the black pipe coming is reg 3/4 as per the propane company.
The shutoff valves are 3/4 with 5/8 female. I bought all 5/8 flex pipe
to go from the shutoffs to the individual appliances.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I know that's the case for furnace, and water heaters. They have pipe
size requirements. One friend of mine had a Takagi water heater
installed. The installer used 1/2 inch flexible gas line, which
didn't
provide enough heat. The book calls for 3/4 or 1 inch pipe. Which
we'll do some day when his finance recovers.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Post Quartermaster"
wrote in message
I was told that one must use different size flexible hose for
different appliances. We're talking propane, and I guess it would be
the same for natural gas. The theory was that a certain appliance,
stove for instance, uses more gas and thus needs a larger hose
(connector size mayber????) than a space heater etc. It seems to me,
as I just bought all the same type and size for everything --- not
yet
hooked up--- that it would be the individual orafices in each
appliance that would govern, not the dang hose. Any thoughts?

--
Careful how you respond. I have people!

JC