Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Whitney Wayne Whitney is offline

Default Here's another mystery.

On 2010-07-06, The Post Quartermaster
wrote:

It seems to me, as I just bought all the same type and size for
everything --- not yet hooked up--- that it would be the individual
orafices in each appliance that would govern, not the dang hose.

That's not how it works--instead the pressure loss accumulates from
all the different parts of the system between the gas regulator and
the appliance. In fact, I believe the flex hose at the end is often a
larger source of pressure loss than the fixed piping leading up to it.
If the total pressure drop is too high, the appliance does not get
enough natural gas and you'll have a problem.

Cheers, Wayne