Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default inground pool question

"suwright" wrote in message
I have a in-ground concrete base pool with a vinyl liner. Is it
possible for me to tile over the concrete base and get rid of the
liner? Not sure what kind of supplies I would need for this if it is
possible. The pool is old and the liner is sagging and it's very
costly to replace.

Your pool might be like my 124 year old grandmother, who was on life
support, and the hospital asked if they could do bypass surgery on her at a
cost of nearly $100,000. We said no.

Call a pool pro in your area to come out for a "free" bid. They will tell
you what can and, more importantly, what can not be done. There's no law
against you stealing their ideas and DIY'ing. But, more importantly, they
will give you a professional answer on how to fix your pool, and if it can
even be done.

If the liner is sagging, doesn't that mean that the concrete under that is
moving away? You might consider having a new pool put in. At least your
excavation costs would be low. :-)

Steve