Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default inground pool question

On Jul 6, 6:28*pm, suwright wrote:
I have a in-ground concrete base pool with a vinyl liner. Is it
possible for me to tile over the concrete base and get rid of the
liner? Not sure what kind of supplies I would need for this if it is
possible. The pool is old and the liner is sagging and it's very
costly to replace.

I would say not a good idea. The tiling would likely be even more than
a new liner. Vinyl is the cheapy. If you can get butyl rubber it
will last longer.
The liner deteriorates because of UV in sunlight. Ideally your pool
should be covered when not in use. Lined pools should never be left
empty either unless they are very small. The liner is not self
supporting, it needs to be pushed agianst the concrete side by the
water to hold it in position without damage.
Running a swimming pool properly is a costly business done properly.
If you can't afford a new liner, fill the pool in.