Posted to alt.home.repair
GHenry GHenry is offline

Default Why not put an electrical copper wire into the weed whacker?

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 08:28:48 -0700 (PDT), jamesgangnc wrote:

If I was doing it for a living I would get all
dedicated stuff.but as a homeowner it's just too expensive.

Yeah. Even these attachments are $150 dollars or so (just for the
attachment).

I do need a good looooooong hedge trimmer as my 20 inch hedge trimmer is
too short for the tops of a line of very tall bushes that I can't reach
except on a ladder and even then I have to lean halfway over the ledge,
which is dangerous so I don't do it. A longer hedge trimmer (about 40
inches would be nice) is what I really need - but money is always an
object.

Likewise for the edger attachment. I have a few hundred yards of edging
that has been neglected. Sure I have a MANUAL edger, but, I'm getting too
old for that wheel and spring thingey.

If I KNEW the edger and/or hedge trimmer attachments were useful, I'd
likely get them over time though.

Edger ................. 358.79240
Cultivator ............ 358.79241
Blower ................ 358.79242