Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default Why not put an electrical copper wire into the weed whacker?

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 05:54:16 -0700, GHenry wrote:

Point is, LOTS of cutting things we use can hurt us.
But, my plastic string trimmer lasts only about 5 minutes between refills.

My (steel) jigsaw blades last longer than 5 minutes.
My (steel) drill bits last longer than 5 minutes.
My (steel) cultivator & edger blades last longer than 5 minutes.

Something (dunno what yet) is DIFFERENT about string trimmers.

I got a great idea. Because you don't want to take the advise of
other, wiser individuals why don't you just do what your bright mind
tells you to do. Go ahead and use a wire and let us know how it
works. One caution though, make sure nobody is anywhere in sight when
you fire that trimmer up the **** his the fan.