Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Why not put an electrical copper wire into the weed whacker?

On Jul 6, 8:54*am, GHenry wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 02:48:06 -0500, wrote:
I mean, why does it use plastic?
Why not copper or steel wire

Many men have lost their manhood that way.

Understood. But lawn mower blades aren't made of plastic.
Jigsaw blades aren't made of plastic.
Drill bits aren't made of plastic.
Lawn cultivators and edger blades aren't made of plastic.
etc.

Point is, LOTS of cutting things we use can hurt us.
But, my plastic string trimmer lasts only about 5 minutes between refills..

My (steel) jigsaw blades last longer than 5 minutes.
My (steel) drill bits last longer than 5 minutes.
My (steel) cultivator & edger blades last longer than 5 minutes.

Something (dunno what yet) is DIFFERENT about string trimmers.

Does anyone know if there is a SPECIAL danger or reason why sturdier
trimmer materials don't exist yet?

"My (steel) jigsaw blades last longer than 5 minutes."

Start your jigsaw and ram it full speed into the material you want to
cut; include a rock or chain link fence in the mix.

Let us know how long it lasts.

"My (steel) drill bits last longer than 5 minutes."

Start your drill and ram it full speed into the material you want to
cut; include a rock or chain link fence in the mix.

Let us know how long it lasts.

"My (steel) cultivator & edger blades last longer than 5
minutes."

I'll assume you aren't cultivating or edging rocks or chain link
fences. If you are, let us know how long they last.

"Something (dunno what yet) is DIFFERENT about string trimmers. "

I'm guessing it's the force they undergo when be rammed full speed
into the material you want to cut, including rocks or chain link
fences.