Posted to alt.home.repair
GHenry GHenry is offline

Default Why not put an electrical copper wire into the weed whacker?

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 05:54:16 -0700, GHenry wrote:

Something (dunno what yet) is DIFFERENT about string trimmers.

Does anyone know if there is a SPECIAL danger or reason why sturdier
trimmer materials don't exist yet?

Ah. I read the rest of the posts. Sturdier (i.e., metal) materials DO exist
for string trimmers!

I like the ideas posited. Flailing chains and saw blades. I wonder if the
head will fit my Craftsman string trimmer though. Plus there's that safety
cover with the blade that cuts the string if I put one in that's too long.

Interesting that the flailing chains and saw blades were proven, but no
metal wires.