Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car water hoses

brass monkey wrote:
I remember 45 years back when I 'often/sometimes' had to replace rad
hoses etc. I'm pedalling around a 1998 banger Corsa, 55k on the clock,
gets very hot (suspected water prob) yet the hoses haven't blown (yet).
What gives these days?

water poump?

Dunno

blocked rad?

New rad

****ed thermostat?

New thermo

It's odd, 'fan switch' (rad bottom) and 'gauge sender' (head) died together.
New rad (cos 'engineer' stripped the fan switch thread), fan switch and
gauge sender, still gets hot fast.
Just wondering when the hoses are gonna give up.

water pump then.

Unless head gasket has gone, but that usually blows the water out first.