T.

Default OT - Older Than Dirt Quiz - Part II

Sun, Jan 4, 2004, 1:00am (Norman=A0D.=A0Crow) says:
C'mon now JOAT, there are more than a few of us *old farts* around here!

Granted, there are quite a few of you old guys. LOL I don't
consider myself old yet.

Work one end of a crosscut saw, split the log sections with
sledge/wedges so we could feed it to the buzz saw.

Yeah, I've been on the wrong end of a crosscut too, and did a buzz
saw too (OSHA would go ape. LOL), but nothing large enough to have to
split.

Sounds like what we called a "whoopee", old truck chassis cut down with
a wood box for a seat, chains on the rear duals.

Hmm, never saw anything quite like that. The box seat was only
temporary, until they got a seat. No, the only type I'm familiar with
was a car cut down, with maybe a truck dual axle. Sometimes with two
transmissions. Anything from Model As, Plymouth sixes, to Ford V-8s.

My dad had one, and one of his friends was supposed to move it -
like only a hundred yards or so. Somehow, he it got it into a high
gear, couldn't get it slowed down, and wound up on the road, at about 60
MPH. He wasn't real coordinated. LOL

JOAT
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of
enthusiasm.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 4 Jan 2004.
Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...OMETUNESILIKE/