Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic[_2_] Michael Koblic[_2_] is offline

Default What kind of steel in wood-cutting circular saw blade?

"Andrew VK3BFA" wrote in message

{...}

So, in summary, my total knowledge, gained by diligent study,
practical experience, and stuffing it up a few times is:

1.You gets what you pay for. (nothing new there)
2.Dont even think about anything other than carbide tipped.
3.Set the thing up properly. (Its a machine tool after all.)
4.More teeth = finer cut BUT shorter life.
5.Not many teeth at all = attack things with it = treat it mean, it
can cope
6.Lots of small teeth=dont even go there, its irrelevant unless you
want to take up serious woodworking.

Well, thats my view on it anyway - hopefully, short and to the point.
Errors and Omissions included.

The next one I buy will have thin kerf - again.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC