Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon C. Simon C. is offline

Default Tennis racket bug zapper - Aldi. Any good

On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 19:18:17 +0100, Geo
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 21:11:58 +0100, Simon C. . wrote:

Never seen these before. Do they work OK? Only a fiver at Aldi tomo
but it will be tricky for me to get to Aldi so don't want to make the
effort if they're rubbish.

I bought one - dunno if it works yet - but it is rubbish:-
It has a flimsy plastic case with plastic zip which parted on first closure.
The battery compartment would not stay shut with a pair of rechargeable AAs
fitted (sticky tape required)
The "safety" switch mechanical interlocking is unreliable - sometimes I cannot
get it to switch on - and on one occasion struggled to get it switched off. I
can see me removing some bits from inside pretty soon.
Blowing a gale here so no insects available for live testing...

I got one, yep, its cheap, but none of the above probs on mine except
the switch is a bit fiddly. It does zap the bugs pretty well but
practice required to perfect aim.