Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Neighbours can be a PITA

On 5 July, 16:24, Invisible Man wrote:
On 05/07/2010 14:37, Phil L wrote:

dennis@home wrote:
"brass *wrote in message
.. .
Bit of a follow-on from Adams post (which is a hoot).

Our pooch (who sticks her paws up to us) ran over the road and
piddled on a front lawn. As I collected the pooch the 'lady' of the
house (35'ish) came out muttering something. I said sorry or pardon
(I forget which), she burst forth (in upper case) with "YOU HEARD
WHAT I SAID", I kinda lost interest after that. I'm just hoping that
she'll need some help sometime, I doubt it'll ever happen, sadly (it
never does). Yet again I must have 'walk all over me' written on my
brow. I would have said 'I hope you don't mind me asking but would
you try to keep your dog off our front lawn please'.
Yes I know, I'm the pillock.

So now you have ****ed off your neighbour and let your dog cause a
dead patch on her lawn what's the next step?

He didn't 'let' the dog **** on the grass, it just ****ed on the grass, it's
an animal, not an extension of himself, this is where irrational people like
you and his snotty neighbour can't seperate the two.

If it had been my dog i would have apologised to the neighbour and scolded
the mutt in the process, and if any 'UPPER CASE' mutterings came forth, they
would have been told that, 'it's a dog, it's not on a secret mission to kill
grass and nor was it ordered to do so, and get the **** over it you sad
****'

We keep our dog off other people's property unless invited. It tends to
be cats that are the real menace though.- Hide quoted text -

The cure for cats is mousetraps. (The killing type) No bait
neccessary..........
Or if they're ****ing, diesel oil.
I lived in on a farm in Wales. My neighbours all had sheep. Dogs were
shot on sight. Dozens every year. It was like Vietnam at times. They
would stay up all night on a dog shoot.
We had a few cows. Now they would chase the dogs and the people with
them. If you have a dog, never go near a cow and calf. The cow thinks
"wolf" and acts accordingly. They can be surprisingly savage.