Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot is offline

Default Neighbours can be a PITA

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot" wrote in message
o.uk...

"brass monkey" wrote in message
Bit of a follow-on from Adams post (which is a hoot).

Our pooch (who sticks her paws up to us) ran over the road and piddled
on a front lawn. As I collected the pooch the 'lady' of the house
(35'ish) came out muttering something. I said sorry or pardon (I forget
which), she burst forth (in upper case) with "YOU HEARD WHAT I SAID", I
kinda lost interest after that. I'm just hoping that she'll need some
help sometime, I doubt it'll ever happen, sadly (it never does). Yet
again I must have 'walk all over me' written on my brow. I would have
said 'I hope you don't mind me asking but would you try to keep your dog
off our front lawn please'.
Yes I know, I'm the pillock.

Just to get this straight... a dog peed on your lawn? No bricks through
the window, car lights smashed, garage/house broken into, physical
assault, gang of youths shouting and screaming? Ok, just checking.

Si

I had to read it a few times to get it as well, but I think he's saying
that *his* dog ****ed on the lady across the road's lawn, and she was a
bit offensive about it. He is then putting himself in her shoes, and
saying what *he* would have said if the situation were reversed, and it
was *his* lawn that had been ****ed on by *her* dog ... I think ...
:-)

Ah bugger. Not read properly. Seems obvious on second reading. Apologies to
OP. As you were.

Si