Posted to uk.d-i-y
Invisible Man[_2_] Invisible Man[_2_] is offline

Default Neighbours can be a PITA

On 05/07/2010 14:25, John wrote:
"brass wrote in message

"Arfa wrote in message

"Mungo "Two Sheds" wrote in message
o.uk...

"brass wrote in message
Bit of a follow-on from Adams post (which is a hoot).

Our pooch (who sticks her paws up to us) ran over the road and piddled
on a front lawn. As I collected the pooch the 'lady' of the house
(35'ish) came out muttering something. I said sorry or pardon (I forget
which), she burst forth (in upper case) with "YOU HEARD WHAT I SAID", I
kinda lost interest after that. I'm just hoping that she'll need some
help sometime, I doubt it'll ever happen, sadly (it never does). Yet
again I must have 'walk all over me' written on my brow. I would have
said 'I hope you don't mind me asking but would you try to keep your
dog off our front lawn please'.
Yes I know, I'm the pillock.

Just to get this straight... a dog peed on your lawn? No bricks through
the window, car lights smashed, garage/house broken into, physical
assault, gang of youths shouting and screaming? Ok, just checking.

Si

I had to read it a few times to get it as well, but I think he's saying
that *his* dog ****ed on the lady across the road's lawn, and she was a
bit offensive about it. He is then putting himself in her shoes, and
saying what *he* would have said if the situation were reversed, and it
was *his* lawn that had been ****ed on by *her* dog ... I think ... :-)

Zactly, I have no prob at all about the complaint, just seems that
civility has gone out the window these days.

If I were the OP though, I think I might have been a bit more worried
about the dog taking off on its own across the road, because if it did it
in front of me as I drove my car down there, he would probably get
similar 'upper case' verbals from me, but with a whole lot more
expletives thrown in for good measure !

It's an end of cul-de-sac, but yea, bloody dogs.

I once lived near the end of a cul-de-sac. Never again. It became a
playground for kids who had no respect for cars, Had dogs lying in the road,
etc. I prefer the constant passage of traffic - it leads to everyone
understanding the rules of the road a bit better.

Likewise. Have to sleep in the back of the house and the drive fills up
with cigarette ends but not as bad as sitting there guessing how much
damage the car is taking or whether the next ball to hit the window will
result in a shower of broken glass on us and the settee.
We are responsible dog owners. Sadly many dog owners are not.