Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tom[_4_] Tom[_4_] is offline

Default towel rad - leaking from bottom valve tail fixing

Hi All,

The instructions with this towel rad merely said use PTFE tape around
the tread of the value tail when screwing this into the rad.

But I can't stop it leaking (slow drip) - it purely replies on the
thread of the valve tail to keep it water tight - there is no flange
for the tail to but up onto. The blanking plug and bleed valve at the
top don't have this issue as they have rubber seals that sit between
them and the rad itself. this isn't possible with the valve tails.

I've tried leaking compound - no luck, it still leaks - slowly drips
actually.

Any suggestions as to what might solve this?

Thanks, Tom