Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Solar Panels - verifying the numbers

NT wrote:
On Jul 5, 9:01 am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"NT" wrote in message
On Jul 4, 8:47 pm, wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:

Personally I don't think photo voltaics are worth it, very capital

snip

The energy return is really a red herring. Money return is what
counts, its not as if we're short of energy.

We wouldn't be if they built some more nuclear generation plants, but as
long as we are generating electricity from gas and oil and coal, we're gonna
keep getting shorter of it, aren't we ?

We the country will construct whatever energy facilities we need.
Probably nuclear, if not then other options. I dont think there's much
risk of us chosing to go short because of some foolish greenwash.

Tell that to half of Northern Europe.

At
the end of the day no country chooses economic meltdown, political
approval seeking only continues for as long as it doesnt cost too
much.

The problem is that its easier for a government to allow economic
meltdown, rather than face an electorate with tough choices.

'Its not us, honest, its the EU/global financial crisis/The War/The Will
of Allah'

Any day we want more energy we can choose to have it, thus there
is really no shortage.

There really is, since the lead time and politcical bargaining to get
nuclear sets built is 10-15 years.

Ditto coal fired etc.

And every single oil producing region there is is deeply politically
unstable in some way or other.

NT