Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Neighbours can be a PITA

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"brass monkey" wrote in message
Bit of a follow-on from Adams post (which is a hoot).

Our pooch (who sticks her paws up to us) ran over the road and piddled on
a front lawn. As I collected the pooch the 'lady' of the house (35'ish)
came out muttering something. I said sorry or pardon (I forget which),
she burst forth (in upper case) with "YOU HEARD WHAT I SAID", I kinda
lost interest after that. I'm just hoping that she'll need some help
sometime, I doubt it'll ever happen, sadly (it never does). Yet again I
must have 'walk all over me' written on my brow. I would have said 'I
hope you don't mind me asking but would you try to keep your dog off our
front lawn please'.
Yes I know, I'm the pillock.

So now you have ****ed off your neighbour and let your dog cause a dead
patch on her lawn what's the next step?

Sneaking over at night and digging holes in the lawn?
Parking a car on the lawn?
Registering the car to one of your other neighbours whom has had your dog
pee on their lawn?

Or do what a sensible person would have done and took a watering can of
water over to dilute the dogs pee before it sent the grass yellow and said
sorry? Or are you ball less like some other posters in this group and
can't actually do anything unless they are hiding behind some Pole that's
gone home?

But Dennis, it is the anonymity that makes what I did funny. I COULD have
parked my van across his driveway and punched him in the gob. Instead I
decided to wind him up to screaming pitch without spending a night in the
cells, paying a fine and doing 100 hours community service. I also could
have had parking tickets and speeding tickets put on the car, however that
would be just too nasty and the police may actually do something if that
were to happen. I have probably made the guy £50 as he will be able to weigh
the car in. The guy has an attitude problem - he blocks me in on a driveway
and complains at ME when at 6.30am I have to wake him up to move his car. He
sealed his own fate when he called me a **** (from the safety of an upstairs
window) for waking him up and then got his wife to move the car as he was
too scared to come outside himself.

Adam