Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Neighbours can be a PITA

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 09:09:59 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:

I suspect I am in a minority here so rant over:-)

Nope, I'm with you, provided the rights of way that do cross your
land are signed and stiles, gates etc maintained. Both parties, the
farmer and the public have a duty to respect each other.
Unfortunately many of the great unwashed from the towns seem to think
that the countryside is just a play park for them not a place of work
and the source of someone lively hood.

We don't have crops around here just livestock but I fully support
any farmer that gives any (unknown/uncontrolled) dog on the loose
around their stock the "benefit" of the pointy end of a shotgun. If
the owner is about certainly give warning to the owner to get their
dog under control and back on a lead pronto or it will be shot.

How odd, my neighbourly farmer who sadly died earlier his year, couldn't
give a hoot about the dogs..deer do far more damage as do the badgers
and rabbits..except he didn't want them chasing his pheasants. But he
accepted that that was inevitable where the footpaths lay.