Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Neighbours can be a PITA

On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 09:09:59 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:

I suspect I am in a minority here so rant over:-)

Nope, I'm with you, provided the rights of way that do cross your
land are signed and stiles, gates etc maintained. Both parties, the
farmer and the public have a duty to respect each other.
Unfortunately many of the great unwashed from the towns seem to think
that the countryside is just a play park for them not a place of work
and the source of someone lively hood.

We don't have crops around here just livestock but I fully support
any farmer that gives any (unknown/uncontrolled) dog on the loose
around their stock the "benefit" of the pointy end of a shotgun. If
the owner is about certainly give warning to the owner to get their
dog under control and back on a lead pronto or it will be shot.

--
Cheers
Dave.