Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Basic Microwave Repair?

"Ulysses" wrote in message

Not even remotely close. Which part is not even close? All of it?

Magnetrons work at around five thousand volts after the doubler circuit;
I don't know where you got the 170VDC figure from.

I've measured rectified 120 VAC in the past and seem to recall it read
about 170 VDC.

Does the word transformer mean anything to you except for the movie ?

The 120 volt line voltage is not rectified in the microwave.
There is a transformer in the microwave that changes the voltage to over
1000 volts and then it is rectified. Most common meters will not measure
voltages that high. The voltage can puncture the insulation of the meter
and kill you.