Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Chicago Gun Ban Struck Down!

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

It's always disconcerting to know there are people who are "sure" of
things
like that. d8-)

You were the one predicting people coming to blows. I'm just making my
call on which
people.

Wes

I was thinking more about our state legislators. They're a gang of
reprobates. d8-)

It is our own fault as a country. We won't elect honest ones.

Hi, I'm Wes, elect me, I'm going to means test your social security and Medicare benefits,
drop price supports for farmers, and eliminate all defined benefit pension plans for
government workers and convert them to a 401k. Effectively now, your insurance is
standard Obama Care, no supplemental policies.

Think I'd get elected?

The only good thing about recessions is it brings shaky governmental accounting practices
out into the light of day. Yes, I know the corporate side has some bad issues with
pensions also. I keep wondering if I'll ever collect on Eagle Picher when I'm of
retirement age.

Wes