Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Choosing retailer for mimimum complaints

"Mike Lane" wrote in message
dia.com...
Doctor D wrote on Jul 2, 2010:

"Kevin Seal" wrote in message
In message , Fevric J.
Glandules
writes
NT wrote:

snip

Perhaps just compare the number of hits for 'complaint.'

and divide by annual sales...

John Lewis are pretty good, AIUI.
But unless they've changed their policy, they will not price match
online
stores.

--
Kevin Seal
F800ST

Agreed. In January 2009 I bought a Panasonic TX-19LXD8 from Amazon for
£246.
John Lewis on line wanted £349.
I asked them what they could do - they said tough - I said fair enough
and
bought it from Amazon. I thought £103 was a bit steep for an extra 4
years
of warranty!

I would say £100 is not unreasonable for 4 years warranty. If a modern
digital camera develops a fault it's usually uneconomic to repair it even
if
it's possible - and they do get faults.

I would say that its unreasonable
digital cameras are very reliable and have a life expectancy of many years.
One that fails after 3-4 years should be covered by the sale of goods act
and the retailer would be responsible for at least some of the repair costs.

PS, its a TV.