Posted to alt.home.repair
Ulysses Ulysses is offline

Default Basic Microwave Repair?

"Old Geezer" wrote in message
On 07/03/2010 05:29 PM, Chief Two Eagles wrote:
On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 15:20:18 -0700, Ulysses wrote:

Speaking of capacitors holding a nasty jolt, when I was around 12 years
old my dear old drunken, worthless father, that liked to beat and starve
me, told me he was going to work on the TV and asked if I thought it
would be alright with the plug unplugged. I had heard that capacitors
help a charge even when something was unplugged, but I told him, it
should be alright. He jabbed a screwdriver in a flopped around for what
seemed like quite a while while I stood and watched. Afterward I said
"Well imagine that". The TV worked before he started and it worked after
he finished, so I don't know why he thought it needed to be worked on.

Another time he thought he would work on a light that didn't need to be
fixed, and he asked if it would be alright with the switch off or
should he turn off the breaker? I told him that as long as the switch
was off it should be fine. He stuck a screwdriver in there and was
practically doing a jig on the counter top. Again I said "Well Imagine
that". The light worked fine before he started and after.

I still laugh when I think of those times.
Old Geezer

Ah, reminds me of my dear old dad ;-)

And you
probably have a shorted diode if it blows the fuse.