Posted to alt.home.repair
Dottie Dottie is offline

Default No tv stations

On Jul 3, 8:12*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 7/2/2010 6:23 AM, wrote:

A year or two ago my tv stopped getting any stations. *I could not
afford to fix it so I just listened to the radio ever since. *This
week I called the tv shop and asked him if he has a tube tester I can
use. He said the tv dont have tubes no more. *I told him mine does,
it's a 1956 Zenith and I had it since I bought it in 57 and paid good
money for it. I tested and changed tubes lots of times. Then he asks
me if I got cable. *I tell him hell no, just rabbit ears. Cable costs
too much and I only watch the weather and sometimes the news. Thats
when he said the government changed the way tv works and I need to go
to walmart to buy a convertor box and the tv will work again. *But
then he tried to sell me a new tv and I hung up the telephone on the
guy. Always somebody trying to make a fast buck.

I asked my son about it since he knows all about computers and gave me
this one. He said the guy is right I got to buy that box. He said I
need to first get a coupon from the government and I get the convertor
for half price but the government will know what station I am
watching. I dont care if they know what I watch, I just want the half
price deal. Its stupid that the gov. wants to know when I watch the
weather, but the gov. is stupid anyhow. Like dont they have better
things to do than check what I watch on tv.

Anyhow, where do I mail a letter to the gov. to get this coupon?
Anyone know?

Ralph Steiner

Aluminum foil hats don't work, they actually enhance the signal from
government spy satellites. Beware.

TDD

I find it interesting that you own a computer but not a TV. You can
get lots of news and weather by signing on to your local TV stations
web sites.