Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default Windows Weirdness

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 09:02:26 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 10:45:01 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

flipper wrote:
Just right click on the drive, select properties, go to the tools tab
and "check now." Check both boxes and push START. It'll complain the
disk is in use and ask if you want to schedule a scan for the next
reboot. Say yes and reboot.

It'll take quite a while depending on drive size and speed of the
machine.

Don't check the second box. It'll take hours to do nothing. For the
physical test, just run Everest free version, or smartmontools, which will
read out the SMART statistics on the drive.

Tom, Thanks for your suggestions!

Check out...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...ScreenShot.jpg

I'm guessing -12V and -5V don't exist on my motherboard, so the
monitor reads "float" ??

That 0.35V VBAT concerns me!

What should I be looking for in the Drive section?

...Jim Thompson

Further perusal suggest "VBAT" would be if this were a laptop with
battery... other sections say "No Battery Installed".

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Obama: A reincarnation of Nixon, narcissistically posing in
politically-correct black-face, but with fewer scruples.