Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default How to connect "signal ground" terminals?

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
that would certainly NOT be the way I would do it - signal ground should
go to its own ground with no current carrying motors, solenoids, etc.
Power ground is some thing else - they could be tied together, but don't
put them all on the same ground stud

You'll have a boatload of signal ground wires by the time you're done. I
always take a section of terminal strip and bond several together with
little loops of white wire. Then one green wire to the common ground bond
point on the machine. Do NOT put AC nuetral to this bond point. Also don't
daisy chain your signal grounds, each device has a wire back to this strip.
I always use white wire here and then don't bother with wire numbers.

Karl