Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Paint removal - masonary

On 4 July, 08:44, harry wrote:
On 3 July, 20:00, mo wrote:

The paint on my shed is flaking - some of it comes off quite easily with a
scraper but some is more stubborn.

As far as I know the 2 paint removal methods are a heat gun or somesort of
chemical that you paint on

What is the ebst to use outside?

The shed is made of breezeblock I think but the external bit is smooth so I
guess it must be rendered or something....

When I repaint it I will be using masonary paint of course which can be
bought textured or smooht - will textured cover up bumps/cracks better?

Pressure jet or sandblast. But why bother. If i's stuck on fine, just
leave it. You need to kill off any fungus, you can buy fungicide or
use bleach. If the surface is powdery you might need a "stablising
solution" *It's like glue, bonds it all together.
Masonary paint is waterbased and won't melt with a heatgun. *It's
unaffected by chemical paint removers. *You can only get it off with
mechanical means.

Oh, Smooth is best. It doesn't hold the muck quite so badly and
washes down better. Neither covers cracks. Fill them up before you
start.