Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
baron baron is offline

Default Back when ICs had less than 10 transistors...

Ian Jackson Inscribed thus:

In message , Dan
writes
flipper wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 18:01:07 -0500, Dan wrote:

Joel Koltner wrote:
"Dan" wrote in message
In "Amok Time" the clock used flip leaves.
Perhaps they were just being nostalgic? Probably not, but
interestingly a lot of cell phones -- namely, those made by HTC --
use a flip-leaf clock display as their default. I suspect many
kids with such phones haven't even seen the real, mechanical
implementations...

I never cared particularly for flip-leaf displays, but I do like
nixie tube clocks.

With the space race and such I really believed we'd be on our
to Jupiter by 2001.
If we hadn't decisively *won* the space race -- and were still
running it today -- you might be right. :-)

---Joel

I used nixie panel meters in 1973 ish. It's kind of fascinating
watch the digits change.

Time marches on. 3 years ago I had to explain to a 20 year old
how
to operate a record player.
A what player? hehe

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

A Victrola, you young whippersnapper.

We had to walk barefoot to school in the snow, up hill, both ways,
and we LIKED it.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eDaSvRO9xA

I remember seeing this on TV many many moons ago. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13JK5kChbRw

--
Best Regards:
Baron.