Posted to alt.energy.homepower,misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Gary Heston Gary Heston is offline

Default auto-changeover propane regulator

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:
[ ... ]

You know, I'm not sure if the gas company is not liquefying the natural
gas, the tanks look very substantial and the technology for liquefying
NG is quite mature. I know some guys who work for Alabama gas and I will
ask them about it. In another thread there was a discussion about O2 and
the tanks. I mentioned the rather large LOX tank at the University
Hospital complex here in town that I want to know more about.

To point out a rather obvious item; if it were liquified, it would be
referred to as LNG, not CNG.

I was considering converting a car, until I looked at the cost and
regulatory issues..

Starting price, $13,500.

Only available for a very specific few very recent (2009-2010) vehicles.

You must use a federally certified package, installed by an authorized
dealer or the OEM, for the resulting vehicle to be street legal.

Then, you get to spring for the refulling station...

Not worth the cost or trouble, IMHO. With a round-trip commute to work of
6.4 miles (about 10KM), there'd never be a payback.

Gary

--
Gary Heston http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

If you want to reduce the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere,
go plant trees.