Posted to alt.energy.homepower,misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
harry harry is offline

Default auto-changeover propane regulator

On Jun 24, 10:41*pm, ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) wrote:
Are there auto-changeover propane regulators (or separate auto-changeover
devices) for fixed (2x 1000 gallon) tanks? *The propane company putting in
my tanks had not heard of this, and Google searches turn up only ones for
small RV tanks. *Ideally something with a remote indicator would be nice;
I could arrange for the computer to email me to call for a delivery...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Dan Lanciani
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ddl@danlan.*com

There are in the UK. You don't need an auto change over . Why do you
need two tanks? There exists devices that calls the gas company to
top up the gas when it's low. Works on cell phone net. Some weigh
the tank, some have a floating thingy inside the tank.
Even without that technology, they'll come and top up on a regular
basis once your useage pattern has been established.