Posted to alt.home.repair
JimT[_2_] JimT[_2_] is offline

Default Old swimming pool question

I have a small (10k gal) inground swimming pool that is probably around 27
y/o. House was built around 1983 and I think it was built then. The plaster
has seen better days. I don't think the previous owners took very good care
of it. It's pitted, discolored and cracked in a few places. I was watching a
movie last night and there was a pool in it that was tiled. I thought that
might be a cheaper way of refinishing mine. It would have to be a small
mosaic tile that could stand up to the chlorine. The draw back would be all
the grout lines that have a tendency to grow algae but if I watched the
chemicals closely and diligently cleaned it I might be able to control it.

Dumb idea? I think it would look really nice. At least for awhile. Anyone
have a fully tiled pool and what are the draw backs?

Jim