Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default ? on sewer snakes...

On Jul 1, 1:35*pm, "Dave" wrote:
How large in diameter is the coil on the end of the large sewer snakes they
use to clear the main sewer lines, when necessary?

Just wondering. *We had to get a cleanout installed, and the reinforced
concrete pipe they put in place is about two feet long, with a hole in the
cast iron pipe it sets on that is only a couple inches across. *I am wanting
to build a guide to use for pointing the snake in the desired direction, so
no guessing is needed to figure out which way it is headed. *Thinking that
might come in handy if the cleanout pipe is full of stuff from the cloggged
line.

Thanks,

Dave

Best call city hall and ask them.