Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Fueling your car with natural gas from home

In article
,
wrote:

It's just nonsense that Apple single handedly drove down the cost of
LCD displays.

So do the research yourself. You said they had an 8% market share. Do
you know how many displays are sold every year? A number of years ago,
Apple discontinued CRTs completely. Therefore, if you bought a mac, you
bought an LCD, period. Like I said, shortly after this transition I
bought a mac for my son and the 17" LCD display (puny by today's
standards) was $800.

Apple made the commitment to the technology, and it is their commitment
and resulting demand for millions of displays that drove down the cost.
I'm not stating my opinion, I'm relating history.