Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Painting galvanized fence posts

In article ,
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
m...
I am moving a fence and after working on it for awhile, I don't think
the original plan of taking the old ones and replanting them is going to
work. The original ones are black. The replacement black ones are about
twice the price of the replacement galvanized. I can obviously buy quite
a lot of spray paint for the difference. Any particular reason I
shouldn't go this route??

What kind of paint is on the pre-painted? It may be powder coated and much
more durable than the home painted ones. Check the specs.

Also, these are along the back 40, so to speak, and won't be seen all
that often except the couple times a month I mow the area.

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist