Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Oman Paul Oman is offline

Default barn paint

Jules Richardson wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 05:27:11 -0500, alwaysontime wrote:

There is a catch. Once you paint a garage with barn paint, you CAN NOT
park a car in it. You'll have to buy a horse and buggy. Any attempt to
park a car inside will result in all 4 tires going flat (just like the
paint, which is why the paint is flat). However, if you're Amish, you
CAN park a car inside.

Thankfully I wasn't drinking anything when I read that :-) Oddly enough
we park the car outside and the garage seems forever full of kids stuff.
There is a '60s truck in there with tires that have no tread left on
them, but they're not flat yet...

-

I had a friend and mentor who was production manager for a very very
large international paint company. They would make 10,000 gallon batches
of white paint. Some of it packed and sold in 5 gal pails for bulk
contractor sales. Some sold in quart cans for high price marine paint.