Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Cypress or Pressure Treated Pine for Fences in Fla.

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:45:23 -0700 (PDT), torpeau
wrote:

We've gotten estimates from 4 fence companies and want to know which
is better for Florida -- cypress or pressure treated pine. We get both
opinions from the 4.

Where in Florida? Cypress trees live in water covered swamps mostly.
I have a furniture piece from cypress (old).

What ever you do, consider the water table.

Also, do all fence posts need to be secured with concrete or only the
ones that support gates?

One of the 4 companies should know this. What works in N. FL may not
be the same in S. FL or even Key West.