Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Cypress or Pressure Treated Pine for Fences in Fla.

On Jun 30, 6:45*pm, torpeau wrote:
We've gotten estimates from 4 fence companies and want to know which
is better for Florida -- cypress or pressure treated pine. We get both
opinions from the 4.

Also, do all fence posts need to be secured with concrete or only the
ones that support gates?

Your fence posts will last a lot longer if you use metal spikes which
just drive in.
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/27750/...5BBOCSTHZOCFGA

These overcome the problem of the posts rotting off at ground level.
Picture here. obviously you will go somewhere local.

Your gateposts will be bigger and concreted in.