Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Fueling your car with natural gas from home

wrote:
On Jun 29, 4:23 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
ransley wrote:

Every time, EVERY TIME, the government interferes in the general
marketplace, one of two things happens:

1. The general marketplace flows around the government obstruction,
or
2. The general marketplace is FUBAR.

In the instant case, the government mandating, encouraging, or
subsidizing NG, solar power, or foot-pedaled cars is eerily similar
to the government genuflecting over our soy-bean saviors in a
classic book whose title rhymes with "Mattress Bugged."

What is the alternative.

In my view, the government should step back from the energy business.
Consider the infrastructure for gasoline and diesel vehicles. 50,000
gas stations didn't spring up overnight; they were constructed to
meet the demand. It would be likewise for other vehicle fuels: NG,
Propane, electric, nuclear, whatever. The simple fact is that the
government can't create a demand without penalizing the majority of
folks - even if it IS for our own good (according to our betters).

As for the moaning about what will happen when oil runs out, there's
a war in the middle east, etc., if you had asked a New Yorker in
1900 what would transportation be like in a 100 years when the
population increased twenty-fold, he'd ask: 1) Where would we get
all the horses? and 2) What would we do with all the horse ****?

These potential problems, most problems, indeed, all problems, have
a way of working themselves out.

well the coming miid east war will crash and burn our economy thats
already very ill.........

can you imagine mid east oil cut off and gasoline at 10 or 12 bucks a
gallon?

people will be forced to buy gas to go to work and cut discretionary
spending to the bone, economic dump.

we have already seen this, as gasoline crept near 5 bucks a gallon our
current economic dump began.

well just imagine twice that or no gasoline at all.

this situation is yet another government failure brough to us by our
incompetent congress thats bought and sold by lobbyists.........

most farming is mechanized, in a crude oil shortage food prices will
skyrocket

Been there, done that. Remember the Carter years?

Still, even then, there was no shortage of gasoline - only a shortage of
CHEAP gasoline.