Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Fluorescent Tube Disposal

On Jun 29, 5:18*pm, "
wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
Got three dead 48" tubes from my shop lights. What's the right method
for disposal?

Can dispose of them at HD store here.

Hmm..I didn't know that!

I usually take fluorescents to the hazardous waste disposal site in
our little city, along with other things that might contain
mercury or other goodies, and electronic waste.

Our local site, however, doesn't take medical waste, so when I was
taking shots for a medical condition, I had to dispose of the
needles at another site.

I thought the fire dept. would accept them, but the captain told me
they only accept needles & such from operations **they** have
conducted, involving addict emergencies, etc.