Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default barn paint

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 16:21:36 -0400, Tony wrote:
There's gotta be a catch somewhere :-)

I'd guess it's because it really only made for the vertical siding of
the barn, horizontal catches and holds much much more water so anything
horizontal should have "real" paint. Just my guess.

Hmm, all the barns in this area seem to be horizontal rather than
vertical, just like other buildings (typically).

Having done a bit of wall with it in the last couple of hours, it's
drying with no gloss to it at all, and it looks like it'll need a second
coat (but that might just be due to my putting it on siding that's well
overdue for replacement).

Lack of any kind of shine's not a problem given the nature of what I'm
painting, but I don't think that's the reason for the low cost - I can't
imagine a little bit of gloss inflates paint price by 500% ;-)

cheers

Jules