Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default barn paint

Jules Richardson wrote:
OK, so what's the downside of barn paint? Does it not last as long as
"better" exterior paints - or is it just cheaper because it's only
available in a very small range of colors?

I bought 5 gallons of white self-priming yesterday, figuring I'd do our
garage with it (which I'm hoping to tear down in a couple of years and
rebuild anyway) - cost me $60, and would have been around $300 for
equivalent "good" Behr* top-coat and primer.

There's gotta be a catch somewhere :-)

I'd guess it's because it really only made for the vertical siding of
the barn, horizontal catches and holds much much more water so anything
horizontal should have "real" paint. Just my guess.