Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Sand in Well Water

Chief Two Eagles wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:59:28 -0700, Bob F wrote:

Dimitrios Paskoudniakis wrote:

I also have a pool and hot tub. 3 times per year I drain and refill
the hot tub, and coincidentally I drained the tub yesterday morning
as I was watering the lawn, with the intent to refill the tub after
watering the lawn. I have decided to wait a couple of days, then
will gradually refill the hot tub over several days, as I will now
do from now on. A couple of times per season I also need to add an
inch of water to the pool, and likewise will plan to refill
gradually over several days.
As for the lawn, its already dormant and yellow, so watering
yesterday probably won't do much good.

Lesson learned.

When I drain my tub, I pump it onto the lawn. Connecting a hose to
the output of the pump and shutting off the return to the tub does
the job. The output goes to standard sprinkler(s).

So the chemicals in the tub water don't harm the lawn?

Hasn't hurt it yet. If I'm going to empty it, I don't add chlorine right before
I do.