Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default OT -- Start-up File Issue

"The Ranger" wrote in message
ndwidth...
Upon bring my computer to life this morning, the start-up process clunked
and clinked through the too-numerous items I enjoy over-loading my system
tray with when Dr Watson's unhelpful warning screen appeared, "File
itmsret.dll not found. OK?"

Since the process didn't hang at any point (to my untrained observance)
and the BSoD didn't follow clicking the "OK," I turn to the collective
here and ask what's that particular dll do and why should I care? (And,
yes, I've consulted Goojaismyfriend.)

The Ranger

Are you positive that's the name of the DLL? I've never been unable to find
info on a DLL file using google, but as you said, the one you mentioned
comes up with absolutely nothing.

While you're waiting for responses, I'd suggest that you run the free
version of the program shown he

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Follow that with your own antivirus program, set to FULL SCAN (all files on
the system). Your AV software is up to date, right?