Charlie Self

Default Measuring Devices / Tape Measures

Swingman writes:

"todd" wrote in message

Are you kidding me? I'm not sure where my tape measure is 50% of the time
and I'm going to keep track of a stick for 50 years? ;-)

LOL ... know the feeling well. However, you may be around in 50 years ...
that's something I don't have to worry about. ;

Me, either, but a guy I know who owns a cabinet shop may be setting his up the
same way the previous owner, his father did: he has an entire wall devoted to
hanging story sticks, each with name and date neatly written on them. One job
per nail, mostly, except for really small jobs. I'd guess that JR has about 45
years of such sticks now, since he's been running the business about 20 years
after his father retired. He'll hit the 50 year mark soon.

Charlie Self
"I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house." Zsa
Zsa Gabor

http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html